Our 2021 Training Program will provide you with 80 hours of college-level instruction and introduce you to volunteering as a citizen scientist. To get the most from your experience, we ask you to attend class every Wednesday from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM from March 10 until June 2 with one optional Saturday field trip.
Classes will be held online via Zoom with field trips to various locations around Snohomish County. Enrollment will be limited to 30 participants. Students will be accepted upon application review and a background check will be done before being able to volunteer. A course fee (through Eventbrite) is payable before the start of class on March 10th to cover the cost of curriculum development and materials.
The course materials fee is $85, and if you register by February 24th, you will receive the early bird discount of $20, making the material fee only $65.
How did you hear about the Beach Watchers' Program and volunteer training?
Rate Topics of Interest
1 = most interest
12 = least interest
Please CHECK the activities below which interest you:
Statement of Commitment
If accepted into the Beach Watchers program, I agree to:
1. Attend weekly classroom training from the middle of March to the end of May for a total of 80 hours.
2. Complete the homework assignments, readings, research and hands-on projects necessary to achieve the level of knowledge needed to carry out my volunteer commitments.
3. Volunteer for a minimum of 80 hours over the next two years working on education, stewardship or citizen science projects that support Beach Watchers and its partner organizations.
4. Meet the standards of Washington State University and Snohomish County when performing Beach Watcher activities.
5. Allow photos taken of me acting as a Beach Watcher to be used for educational materials or publicity.
Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local Extension office. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities and special needs who contact Patricia Townsend at 425-357-6020 or [email protected] at least two weeks prior to the event.